Published 24th March, 2011
San Marino now has an arrangement whereby parties group into alliances. Whilst there are two strong political parties in the country each of these has alliances with much smaller parties. There are also three parties which are not aligned to the big two parties currently.
For this reason we have listed the parties as they fought the 2008 general election in their pacts.
Pact for San Marino
• Sammarinese Christian Democratic Party (Partito Democratico Cristiano Sammarinese) includes the Euro-Populars for San Marino (Europopolari per San Marino) and Arengo and Freedom (Arengo e Libertà)
• Popular Alliance (Alleanza Popolare)
• Freedom List (Lista della Libertà) includes the New Socialist Party (Nuovo Partito Socialista) and We Sammarinese (Noi Sammarinesi)
• Sammarinese Union of Moderates (Unione Sammarinese dei Moderati) includes the Sammarinese Populars (Popolari Sammarinesi) and Sammarinese National Alliance (Alleanza Nazionale Sammarinese)
Reforms and Freedom
• Party of Socialists and Democrats (Partito dei Socialisti e dei Democratici) and Sammarinese for Freedom (Sammarinesi per la Libertà)
• United Left (Sinistra Unita) includes the Sammarinese Communist Refoundation (Rifondazione Comunista Sammarinese) and Left Party (Partito della Sinistra)
• Centre Democrats (Democratici di Centro)
• Sammarinese Democratic Party (Partito Democratico Sammarinese)
• Sammarinese Reformist Socialist Party (Partito Socialista Riformista Sammarinese)
• San Marino of Values (San Marino dei Valori).