Senegal Under Macky Sall: A Snapshot of the Presidential Programme 2012
“Yoonu Yokkute” or “Pathway to Progress” was the campaign slogan of Macky Sall in the build up to the 2012 presidential elections, and is a motto which continues to define the radical reform agenda of the new head of state. The seismic political change which accompanied the 2012 presidential polls reaffirmed Senegal’s place as a maturing democracy as the voice of the people spoke volumes through the ballot box. Sall capitalised upon the visible disenchantment regarding socio-economic challenges and has proposed an ambitious programme heralding change and development and reinforcing the role of the state as the defender of a social system for the marginalised....
You must be logged in to view this content...
Subscribe now and get access to lots more useful information to help you in your country research. Including:
- Information on 196 countries
- Over 1,900 election and political news stories
- Trade and investment links for 130 countries
- More than 132 political party manifestos
- Information on 717 political parties (inc. websites whenever available)
- More than 2,890 links to government, presidential, prime ministers, ministry, parliament and electoral commission websites
- Special reports on elections, budget speeches, state of the nation speeches and much more
- Biographies of key politicians