An election took place on 31 July 2013.
House of Assembly
|Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front||160|
|Movement for Democratic Change-Tsvangirai||49|
|Movement for Democratic Change-Ncube||0|
According to the Constitution the Senate has 93 members. Of these:
- 60 are elected, with 6 coming from each of 10 provinces
- 10 provincial governors, appointed by the incoming President, are ex officio members
- The President and Deputy President of the Council of Chiefs are ex officio members
- 16 chiefs are elected by the Provincial Assemblies of Chiefs.
- The Chiefs traditionally vote with ZANU-PF
- 5 members are directly appointed by the incoming President.
In the Senate elections results were as follows: