AK leak manifesto pledges
Today’s Zaman, a Turkish newspaper has published an article giving details of the manifesto for the ruling Justice & Development Party (AK). The general election is on 12th June 2011.
The manifesto will be entitled ‘Vision 2023’ and looks to set targets for the next twelve years. There are 23 goals forming the body of the manifesto and some of these include:
- A target of $500 billion in exports
- A target of $2 trillion in national income and income per capita of $25,000
- 15,000 kilometres of new railways
- 15,000 kilometres of new double lane roads
- A new port in Mersin
- Completion of the Marmaray Project by 2015 (a railway tunnel connecting the European and Asian sides of Istanbul) and a similar project connecting Istanbul to Izmir
- Unemployment down to 5%
- Expansion of the e-state portal project
- The number of universities increased to 250
- Every citizen with health insurance by 2023
- 3 new nuclear power plants
- Increased tourism income to $50 billion.
Today’s Zaman says that the Republican People’s Party (CHP) will launch its manifesto on 22nd April, but it doesn’t give a launch date for the AK manifesto.
As usual, the moment we have these manifestos they will be published on the country page under ‘Links’.