Agricultural Act 2014 signed by President
President Barack Obama has signed the Agricultural Act 2014 which is around two years late in the making. The act is worth more than $950 billion and although the president suggested that it was an example of cross party cooperation, it had been delayed due to disagreement in Congress.
The act will:
• Introduce cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Increase funding to food banks by $200 million
• Place income caps on farm subsidies
• Introduce a price support program for dairy farmers
• End direct payment subsidies to farmers whether they grew any crops or not
You can find the full act here.