President Nicolás Maduro shuffles Revolutionary Council
El Universal reports that President Nicolás Maduro has made several changes to his government.
Rafael Ramírez has been given the role of Economy Vice-President, replacing Nelson Merentes. Merentes retains his Finance Minister role and Ramirez remains Minister of Petroleum and Mining.
Hebert García Plaza becomes Territorial Development Vice-president as well as his role as Minister of Water and Land Transport.
The newspaper reports the new Council of Revolutionary Ministers as follows:
• Jorge Arreaza, Executive Vice-President
• Jorge Giordani, Planning Vice-President
• Héctor Rodríguez, Social Development Vice-President
• Rafael Ramírez, Economy Vice-President
• Hebert García Plaza, Territorial Development Vice-President
• Elías Jaua, Political Vice-President.